Traffic & Logistics Coordinator
West Linn Paper Company is accepting applications for a Traffic & Logistics Coordinator. Position reports to Director of Marketing & Customer Service
We are looking for candidates who are interested in innovative thinking and personal accountability in a results driven environment.
The selected candidate will serve as an intermediary between customer service, sales, production planning, internal and external warehouses, rail lines and 3rd part logistics companies. The position includes heavy phone, computer and e-mail coverage in a fast-paced environment. The candidate must have the ability to juggle multiple tasks and quickly learn products and paper & printing industry specific terms, order entry and transportation systems. He or she must be able to work independently, patiently and proactively with a wide variety of vendors to find creative solutions in a very time sensitive way and must be effective working in a collaborative and team-oriented environment.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities for this job include:
- Manage relationships and communication with rail carriers, third party logistics carriers and warehouses to coordinate on-time shipment of products via rail, truck and intermodal shipments
- Review orders and coordinate with warehouse and production planning to manage ship dates and generate load plans to ship our products on time in the most cost effective manner.
- Track loads and communicate with customer service group to provide up-to-date information on the status of shipments and provide proof of delivery
- Problem solve and find alternative solutions when delivery issues arise
- Manage and update freight costs in the system to ensure accurate billing
- Process and track freight and damage claims
- Manage outside warehouses in the region as far as tracking, receiving and approving warehouse invoices.
- Manage outbound warehouse shipment to insure service and pricing.
- Work with regional carriers to insure pricing, service and metrics.
- Work with Sales / Customer Service to build service standards in the region.
- Working knowledge of transportation terms, modes, systems and North American geography
- Ability to quickly assess equipment needs to create efficient load plans and determine most cost effective shipment methods while still delivering product on time
- Ability to listen to customer service needs and work as an internal advocate to provide responsive and personalized service.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, organizational skills, attention to detail, and creative problem solving skills.
- Demonstrate excellent computer skills with strong experience with Microsoft Outlook, Excel and Word products plus online tracking systems and other internal computer programs customized to the paper industry for order entry, production tracking, load planning and inventory management purposes.
- Availability to work set office hours (M- F, 7am – 4pm) with some flexibility to be accessible for after hours coverage as needed.
- Good understanding of pricing, financial information and have great attention to detail with regard to numbers and basic number conversions.
- A minimum high school diploma or GED, some college preferred and three years relevant experience in a traffic or logistics related field is required. A Bachelor’s Degree and experience in a manufacturing or related industry environment is desired. Additional consideration will be given to candidates with past logistics or transportation experience.
To Apply: Forward a resume and cover letter to: HumanResources@westlinnpaper.com